Help a Sentient Blob Escape a Super Secret Volcano Lab in Blob Climber
TUCSON, Ariz. – Dec. 16, 2014 – What if a science experiment gains a mind of its own? And what if this “experiment” happens to be a sentient blob? Created by Good Goblin Games, new vertical platformer Blob Climber has players help Blob climb through a tricked-out volcano lab in order to escape a gang of evil scientists. The game can be downloaded for free from the App Store and Google Play.
In addition to helping Blob avoid the lab’s many traps and hazards, players must also stay ahead of the unstoppable lava flow . . . a one-hit kill if there ever was one. It sounds hopeless, but Blob is tougher than it looks: Players can help our hero skillfully maneuver around obstacles by making use of these unique abilities:
- SWIPE to jump off walls and ceilings
- TAP to reach far off ledges with your stretchable arm
- HOLD down two fingers to become invincible
“Climbing is always fun in a video game. Doing so as a self-aware blob with incredible powers is even better,” says Bruce Fournier, founder of Good Goblin Games. “Blob Climber may have a flat-shaded, retro feel—but the gameplay really pushes the limits of what can be done with modern touchscreens. Swipe, tap, and hold to survive. Ascend through 60 floors to get Blob to safety!”
- 60 random floors with 20+ obstacles and traps
- Story Mode for those who prefer a more linear challenge
- 3 alternative gameplay modes: bounceTASTIC, jetTASTIC, and ENDLESS!
- Detailed flat-shaded graphics with a retro vibe
- Driving electronic soundtrack and fun sound effects
Blob Climber is free to play. A single $1.99 in-app purchase disables ads and unlocks all 60 floors. (The first 20 floors can be played for free.)
About Good Goblin Games
A one-man studio founded by Bruce Fournier based in Tucson, Arizona, Good Goblin Games’ goal is to create exciting, original games for mobile platforms. Blob Climber is the studio’s first title. To learn more about Good Goblin Games, please visit http://www.goodgoblin.com/.