“The procedurally generated world of Goliath will see you stumbling through a mysterious rift, as a bizarre new world consisting of jumbled fragments from dead civilizations and technological marvels of the far future, slowly unravels.”
– Neil Watton (TheXboxHub)
BadLand Games Signs Goliath Dev Alawar Premium
Due on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One Q3 2017
MADRID – April 6, 2017 – BadLand Games has partnered with Siberian developer Alawar Premium and Octopus Tree to bring award-winning sandbox action-adventure game Goliath to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One as a digital release later this year.
After stumbling through a mysterious rift, you find yourself in a bizarre new world consisting of jumbled fragments from dead civilizations and technological marvels of the far future. Factions battle each other across the planet, but all tremble in fear of the giant monsters that freely roam the land. Fortunately, you know how to build Goliaths of your own. It is up to you to show everyone who’s boss – by crafting giant robots and punching monsters in the face!
Set out to explore the world in search of materials, blueprints, crafting tools, and everything else you need to make the biggest and baddest Goliath. Each can be customized and equipped with a variety of new weapons and add-ons that grant new abilities – making every combat mech unique. As you explore, you’ll discover more complex recipes, which will allow you to create better tools and weapons for your Goliath.
Discover the rolling prairies, dense forests, eerie swamps, and frozen tundras of a procedurally-generated open world featuring quests, dynamic weather, and a day/night cycle. Each area is teeming with wild monsters and other dangers that you must overcome if you want to have a shot at survival. Use the supplies you gather to craft healing salves, build protective fortresses, and more to defend against the dangers of this savage world. Be mindful of your surroundings because the weather and terrain will affect your Goliath’s performance…
You can align yourself with a faction to broker peace deals (or accelerate an inevitable war), but choose wisely: Each faction offers distinct strategic advantages in weaponry or Goliath blueprints. Once you’ve forged an alliance, keep your eyes peeled for rival faction members looking to encroach on your territory!
“We’ve been fans of Goliath since the first reveal. Who doesn’t love giant robots?” says Luis Quintans, CEO of BadLand Games. “Kudos to Alawar Premium for delivering on such an original idea.”
“When BadLand Games said they wanted to bring Goliath to consoles, we could barely contain our excitement,” says Artem Bochkarev, producer at Alawar Premium. “Goliath is Alawar Premium’s dream project. We’re thankful for the opportunity to finally bring the game to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One owners!”
- Build a ‘bot: Learn how to create dozens of robotic Goliath suits from a variety of materials – including wood, stone, and metal. Each Goliath can be customized and equipped with a variety of weapons and add-ons that grant new abilities.
- Survive a savage land: Gather materials to build the tools needed to survive – such as healing salves and protective fortresses. As you explore the world, you’ll learn more complex recipes for better tools and weapons.
- A living world: Explore environments such as rolling prairies, dense forests, eerie swamps, and frozen tundras – all with dynamic weather and a complete day/night cycle. Weather and terrain will affect how each Goliath type performs, so make sure you have the right machine for the job!
- Choose a side: Several factions vie for control of resources and territory. Each faction can offer different strategic advantages in unique weapon and robot plans, so you must carefully choose which to align with. Broker a peace deal or rally your faction to accelerate the war!
- Procedurally-generated world: With procedurally-generated environments and quests, the world of Goliath is full of surprises!
Goliath will be available digitally on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One in Q3 2017.
About Alawar Premium:
Alawar Premium is a Steam-powered alter ego of Alawar Entertainment that creates, develops, and publishes unique new games for a mid-core audience. Leaving its farms, HOGs and casual jacket at the door, Alawar Premium is a developer and publisher of the following games: Beholder, Displaced, Distrust and Goliath.
About BadLand Games:
Based in Madrid, Spain and established in 2011, BadLand Games is an independent company specializing in the physical distribution and global publishing of video games. In Spain, BadLand Games is the official distributor of AAA titles for all platforms including, Minecraft: Story Mode, La Voz, Sniper Elite 4 and the popular Darksiders Warmastered Edition. BadLand Games is also the publisher of indie titles such as: Anima: Gate of Memories, Heart & Slash, Dex, Castles, Dead Synchronicity: Tomorrow Comes Today, Ginger: Beyond the Crystal, BOOR, Vostok Inc., Velocity 2X: Critical Mass Edition, The Sexy Brutale: Full House Edition, and the in-house developed game, Awe.