“This latest in the Outbreak series is oozing with heavy atmosphere and a near endless replayability…”
– Andrew Newton (Flickering Myth)
Outbreak: Epidemic Now Available on Nintendo Switch
Hardcore survival horror arrives on the Nintendo Switch – just in time for Halloween!
RIDGEFIELD, Conn. – Oct. 22, 2020 – The latest co-op survival horror game from Dead Drop Studios – Outbreak: Epidemic – is launching today on Nintendo Switch. The most polished, biggest Outbreak game yet, Outbreak: Epidemic is dripping with scares, heavy atmosphere, and the nearly endless replayability players come to expect from the Outbreak series.
Each of the other four titles in the franchise – the original Outbreak, Outbreak: The New Nightmare, Outbreak: The Nightmare Chronicles and Outbreak: Lost Hope – are expected to hit Nintendo’s console in a few weeks.
“The Nintendo Switch is a great platform to develop for and surprisingly powerful for its size,” says Evan Wolbach, founder of Dead Drop Studios. “It should come as no surprise that the full Outbreak: Epidemic experience is here – including all game modes and content. I had a lot of fun working on the Switch port – optimizing the code and making sure Outbreak: Epidemic looks and plays great in both portable and docked modes!”
Nintendo Switch Features
Outbreak: Epidemic is powered by the next-generation Outbreak engine and includes the Campaign, Onslaught, and Experiments modes from the Steam version – all sporting classic tough-as-nails gameplay for true survival horror aficionados.
On the Nintendo Switch, players will face the nightmare up close through over-the-shoulder combat and exploration in a fully-optimized port that makes the most out of Nintendo’s portable console – leveraging Joy-Con controllers, the console’s touchscreen, and HD Rumble!
- Quality Mode/Frame Rate Mode (Options Menu): Quality mode features higher quality graphics with full dynamic shadows. Frame rate mode turns off full dynamic shadows thus greatly improving frame rate across the board.
- Portable Gameplay: The only game in the Outbreak series to be playable on a handheld device. The full content is here, uncut.
- Tabletop 2-Player Co-Op: Play through the game with a friend in tabletop mode – or together in docked full-screen mode – using Joy-Con controllers. The Switch Pro Controller is supported as well!
- Claustrophobic over-the-shoulder gameplay.
- Classic Story, Onslaught, and Experiments modes available in solo play or co-op.
- Customizable camera including FOV, height and more!
- Local 2-player split-screen co-op.
- Several firearms and melee weapon choices.
- Multiple difficulty settings: Easy, Normal, Biohazard, and Nightmare!
- No Internet connection required.
- Search areas, read logs, find keys, and solve puzzles to survive.
- Quality and Performance modes may be selected from Options screen.
- Supports Switch Pro Controller, Joy-Cons in tabletop mode, and HD Rumble.
Pricing & Availability
Outbreak: Epidemic is now available on the Nintendo Switch for $12.74 (15% off). On October 28, the game will return to its original MSRP of $14.99.
Nintendo Game Store:
The game is also available on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Steam.
Screenshots & Logos
- Outbreak franchise – https://twitter.com/outbreak_zone
- Dead Drop Studios – https://twitter.com/deaddropstudios
YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/c/Outbreakzone/videos
Discord – https://discord.gg/Vme5S2q
About Dead Drop Studios
Founded by Connecticut-based engineer and game developer Evan Wolbach, Dead Drop Studios creates survival horror games inspired by hardcore, unforgiving gameplay mechanics. The studio has released five titles in the Outbreak series on desktop and console platforms. The Outbreak series returns to the roots of survival horror while adding unique twists like co-op multiplayer. Dead Drop Studios is working to revitalize the survival horror genre and gather additional support for future titles. To learn more about Dead Drop Studios and Outbreak: Epidemic, please visit http://www.deaddropstudios.com.