“Tangledeep does a fantastic job of mixing an old genre with new ideas.”
– Jorge Sobrino (Big Boss Battle)
First Tangledeep DLC “Legend of Shara” Now Available on Steam
Massive expansion adds a prequel story, the Calligrapher job, and a Mysterious Wanderer!FULTON, Md. – April 4, 2019 – Impact Gameworks has announced the arrival of Legend of Shara, the first full expansion to the hit turn-based roguelike Tangledeep. Featuring a motherload of new content – including a prequel story, a 13th job, a brand-new character, all-new monsters, and more – Legend of Shara adds both breadth and depth to Tangledeep’s 100+ hours of gameplay for only $7.19 through April 11. Originally released on July 2017 as a Steam Early Access title, Tangledeep has steadily become one of the most beloved roguelikes for PC, Mac, Linux, and Nintendo Switch – amassing fans, positive press reviews, and awards from the Steam Early Access days to its full launch in Summer 2018. With nostalgia-proof pixel art, polished gameplay – and a star-studded soundtrack by Hiroki Kikuta, Grant Kirkhope, Norihiko Hibino, and Andrew Aversa (who also happens to be the game’s lead developer) – Tangledeep has done the impossible by appealing to RPG, strategy, and roguelike fans alike. A New Prequel Story: Shara’s Story Legend of Shara allows you to play as Shara in a new prequel that takes place before the story of Mirai – Tangledeep’s original protagonist. While the core dungeon progression is similar to the main game, the dialogue and bosses are quite different. In this gameplay mode, there isn’t a town, meta progress, or job system. Shara does not gain XP nor levels like Mirai does. Instead, you can spend JP (Job Points) to level up your core stats. By doing so, your XP level increases gradually. You can learn new abilities in two ways:
- Open Pandora’s Boxes: Each Box gives you an option of three random skills from the entire pool of regular job abilities. Pick one – and off you go!
- Rest at Campfires: When you rest, you can take your pick of several random Shara-only abilities. You’ll have to plan and adapt on the fly based on the items and abilities you find!
- Unique Dungeons: Each Journey has an entirely unique dungeon layout. Some are full of tight, windy corridors connecting large rooms together – while others are more naturalistic, with wide-open spaces and water. Each has different biomes and environments to explore.
- Strange New Creatures: Unlike the rest of the game, every Journey has a completely new set of randomly-generated monsters – complete with accompanying names, sprites, and powers. You’ll have to observe these new threats carefully because you never know what you might find!
- Different Scenarios: Some Journeys will allow you to bring along your skills, stats, gear, items, or a combination of these resources. Others will start you at Level 1 with nothing at all! Regardless of your skill level and progression in the main game, you’ll find a variety of different gameplay styles and challenges to enjoy.
- Ancient & Powerful Relics: Through playing and completing a Wanderer’s Journey, you will find new types of item called Relics. These are extra-special Legendary items that are randomly generated from hundreds of existing powers, bonuses, properties, and stats. There are weapon, armor, shield, book, quiver, and accessory relics to discover – all with limitless possibilities!
- Shara’s Story: A new tale in the world of Tangledeep with a unique story, boss encounters, and new gameplay.
- Calligrapher (13th Job): Wield two weapons, make use of elemental scrolls, and indulge in devastating combo attacks.
- Level Cap: There are even more powerful items and challenges to discover with a level cap increase from 15 to 20!
- New Monsters: There are dozens of new monsters with new powers that you can capture and tame.
- Riverstone Waterway Start: A new early-game path with slightly more challenge and greater rewards begins in Riverstone Waterway rather than Cedar Caverns.
- Realm of the Gods: New post-game area with the toughest monsters and champions imaginable!
- Mysterious Wanderer: Encounter this brand-new character and explore Wanderer’s Journeys with new dungeons with bizarre creatures, scenarios, and treasure.
- Ancient Relics: Get your hands on rare items with limitless combinations of legendary powers and bonuses.
- Item Dreams: Twist and warp areas you’ve already visited with new events, monsters, items, and objects.
- Runes of Knowledge: Unearth this set of tablets, which teaches special abilities not found anywhere else.
- New Content Everywhere: Monster sprites, tile sets, layouts, item graphics, effects, music, and more!
Acclaimed Roguelike Tangledeep Now Available on Nintendo SwitchFULTON, Md. – Jan. 31, 2019 – Impact Gameworks’ lovingly-crafted roguelike Tangledeep is launching today on the Nintendo Switch! Inspired by classic SNES-era RPGs, Tangledeep delivers detailed, stunningly-beautiful pixel art, an epic soundtrack, and 100+ hours of gameplay to both roguelike aficionados and those who are new to the genre. Players can also plant magic trees, customize their equipment with the unique “Item Dream” system – and capture and tame any of the game’s 50+ monsters as companions. Combining the tactical, turn-based gameplay of traditional roguelikes with a deep job system and highly-customizable equipment, Tangledeep appeals to RPG, strategy, and roguelike lovers of all ages. In addition to the 16-bit style pixel art, the soundtrack features the musical talents of Hiroki Kikuta (Secret of Mana), Grant Kirkhope (GoldenEye 007, Civilization: Beyond Earth), Norihiko Hibino (Metal Gear Solid 3, Bayonetta), and Andrew Aversa – the developer behind Tangledeep known as “zircon” on OverClocked Remix and composer of several high-profile soundtracks such as Soul Calibur V, ReCore, and Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix. Tangledeep’s robust and customizable job system features 12 unique jobs and more than 100 skills to master. The game also supports a number of features designed to give adventurers the perfect level of difficulty. For example, players can opt for the true roguelike challenge of permadeath – or simply return to town upon death. It’s also possible to share progress between characters by using the banking system. The Switch version of Tangledeep is available in English, Japanese, and Simplified Chinese. It also includes:
- Improved UI and support for the Pro Controller, along with handheld and docked modes
- All-new monsters (such as the fearsome Polarattler)
- New area: Riverstone Waterway
- Experience finely-tuned, procedurally-generated and handcrafted gameplay as you fight challenging monsters, complete quests, and collect rare items.
- Master deep, tactical turn-based combat across 12 unique jobs with over 100 skills.
- Choose between 3 game modes:
- Heroic Mode – Defeat is not the end! Some progress and items can be shared between characters.
- Hardcore Mode – The traditional roguelike experience! If you are defeated, the game ends.
- Adventure Mode – Play without the fear of permadeath in traditional RPG style.
- Capture almost every monster in the game and raise each of them as a pet in the Monster Corral – or breed them with other monsters!
- Make your experience easier, harder, or just plain wackier with more than 10 Game Modifiers.
- Share some of your progress between characters by using the banking system and planting magic trees.
- Explore Item Dreams – randomized mini-dungeons where anything goes – and power up your gear!
- Take in the scenery – comprised of breathtaking 16-bit graphics and carefully handcrafted maps.
- Relax to a beautiful soundtrack inspired by the most legendary RPGs of the SNES era, composed by award-winning composer Andrew Aversa – and joined by Hiroki Kikuta (Secret of Mana), Grant Kirkhope (GoldenEye 007, Civilization: Beyond Earth), and Norihiko Hibino (Metal Gear Solid 3, Bayonetta).
- Participate in daily and weekly challenge runs – and use Leaderboard support to compare results with your friends!
- $19.99 USD
- €17 EURO
- $26.25 AUD
- $29 NZD
Turn-Based Roguelike RPG Tangledeep Arrives on Steam Early Access & GOG.com
Start your journey today for only $13.49FULTON, Md. – July 19, 2017 – Impact Gameworks’ nostalgic roguelike Tangledeep is now available on Steam Early Access and GOG.com! Create your character, gear up, and get ready to ascend through dangerous terrain while facing magical beasts and ancient automatons in this beautifully-illustrated indie game for Windows, Mac, and Linux. Inspired by classic SNES-era RPGs, Tangledeep features impeccable pixel art, along with a stirring score by lead developer and award-winning composer Andrew Aversa – accompanied by legends Hiroki Kikuta (Secret of Mana) and Grant Kirkhope (GoldenEye 007, Civilization: Beyond Earth). For hundreds of years, people have enjoyed the peaceful tranquility of underground settlements and villages, where the only route to the surface is “Tangledeep” – a mysterious and ever-changing labyrinth. With memories of the surface world long forgotten, you set out for the labyrinth to discover what lies above… Tangledeep features a robust and customizable job system with nine unique jobs to master. The game also supports a number of features designed to give players the perfect level of difficulty. You can opt for the true roguelike challenge of permadeath – or simply return to town upon death, for example. It’s also possible to share progress between characters by using the banking system – or by planting magic trees and raising monsters in town. “The community that has sprung up around roguelikes is something truly special,” says lead developer Andrew Aversa. “The passion and enthusiasm, the sharing of epic runs…. It’s all so inspiring. I had to make a game that captured this spirit, and I think I’ve succeeded with Tangledeep.” Key Features
- Experience finely-tuned, procedurally-generated gameplay as you complete quests and collect items.
- Master deep, tactical combat across 9 unique jobs.
- Choose between 2 game modes: Heroic Mode (with permadeath – the way the game was intended to be played), and Adventure Mode (no permadeath).
- Share progress between characters by using a banking system – or planting magic trees and raising monsters in town.
- Take in the scenery – with stunning 16-bit graphics and carefully handcrafted maps!
- Play while listening to a beautiful soundtrack from award-winning composers.