“[Drums of War] sounds like just the right kind of madness for virtual reality.” – Jake Sapir (That Video Game Blog)
Wield the Awesome Power of the Drums to Kill Dwarves and Rescue Orc POWs in the VR Rhythm Game Drums of War
Now available on SteamVR and Oculus RiftWOODLAND HILLS, Calif. – Oct. 1, 2019 – Grind Core Games today announced that the studio’s first title, Drums of War, can now be purchased on Steam and the Oculus Rift Store. A virtual reality music rhythm game that puts you in command of a giant orc rampaging across fantasy landscapes (and outright murdering whimsical magical creatures), Drums of War is the perfect blend of rhythm games and heavy metal music. The game is the brainchild of Alan Flores, a 20-year game industry veteran who was the lead designer on Guitar Hero 3: Legends of Rock, Guitar Hero Metallica, Band Hero, Tony Hawk’s Project 8, Tony Hawk’s Underground 2, Sports Champions 2, and more. In Drums of War, you hit the drums to the beat of the music to walk. Go “offbeat” … and your orc will veer off to one side! You can also bang on the side drums to turn – allowing for full 360 degrees of movement. But wait: There’s more! Your drums are also a powerful arsenal. The two center drums fire off deadly cannonballs – and you can also use the stick to throw fireballs. Take the fight to the dwarves, destroy their villages, and reclaim the right to once again call yourself “King of the Mountain.” “After a repeat viewing of The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers, inspiration struck. Wouldn’t it be an amazing experience to storm through a battlefield as a giant troll drummer pounding on drums and laying waste to everything in your path?” says Alan Flores, lead game designer and founder, Grind Core Games. “The only problem was: How does one get the feeling of actually beating drums without a drum kit? Fast-forward to a few years later – and the idea wouldn’t go away no matter what I tried. By then, the new generation of VR headsets suddenly became commercially viable – and the rest, as they say, is history!” Drums of War features an original score by Gabe Castro – composer of the indie hit The Forest and featured in Blasters of the Universe, HBO’s Vice Principals, and Portlandia. The game also includes ear-blasting tracks from popular metal bands Warbringer and Exmortus. Key Features
- Enjoy full 360 degrees of freedom in both movement and combat.
- Experience visceral music rhythm gameplay in VR!
- Fight off hordes of fantasy creatures – including pesky dwarves, chalky skeletons, sexy succubi, and much more.
- Purchase drum skins from the shop for stat upgrades!
- Rampage through 15 story levels and an unending supply of dwarves.
- Bonus modes include:
- Wardrum Hero: A high score combat challenge where you slay an endless horde of dwarves (inspired by Guitar Hero).
- Jukebox: Bang the drums to the music and enjoy the scenery.
- Two randomized dungeons!
- Headbang-worthy metal soundtrack:
- Original tracks from Gabe Castro, composer of the indie mega-hit The Forest.
- Licensed tracks from metal giants Warbringer and Exmortus.