A strategic online multiplayer artillery game
“ShellShock Live is a blast”
– Heather Tollis (Indie Gamers UK)
Multiplayer Artillery Game ShellShock Live Goes for the Gold
with Full Featured 1.0 Release on Steam
Available on Steam Early Access for PC, Mac, LinuPlenty of new additions to the arsenal in this HUGE 1.0 update
SAN DIEGO, Calif. – May 22, 2020 – After 2 million units sold, 70 million plays and 165 updates, kChamp Games’ ShellShock Live has now reached the famed 1.0 milestone. The Steam version now boasts a massive number of new features and content, including: the long-awaited Scenario Editor, 10 new bonus missions, new weapons, and an all-new game mode – Vortex! Console versions will be updated to 1.0 in the near future.
Originally a popular Flash game, ShellShock Live is a strategic online multiplayer artillery game reimagined for Steam and modern game consoles – including PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. With strong emphasis on leveling up, upgrading tanks, and unlocking new weapons and items, ShellShock Live challenges players to take part in 8-way turn-based teams or free-for-all skirmishes where the goal is to wipe out the competition and remain the last player standing. Fans of Scorched Earth, Pocket Tanks, and Worms will be right at home.
There are more than 400 unique weapons, hundreds of terrains, several battle-ready items, and a smorgasbord of tanks for all inclinations. ShellShock Live’s battles are highly strategic, with a focus on team-based tactics. Beyond the insanely fun gameplay, players can also tinker with a vast tech-tree, upgradable weapons, and 80 unique levels – while also enjoying a clear sense of progression.
“It’s truly humbling to see your little Flash game make it to millions of homes both on desktop systems (Windows, Mac and Linux) and consoles. Reaching 1.0 – and exiting Steam Early Access – is a huge deal,” says Kyle Champ, founder of kChamp Games. “It means that the countless hours our most loyal players spent in the game didn’t go to waste. (Quite the contrary, in fact!) With nearly 170 updates, ShellShock Live has gotten better and better – thanks to our incredible community. Today, we’re celebrating 1.0. Tomorrow … it’s back to work!”
New Features / 1.0 Release (Steam)
- Play 10 brand new bonus missions in single-player mode.
- Try out 7 new weapons, 2 new items, and a new Vortex game mode.
- Explore the custom Scenario Editor to make your own maps, add enemies and obstacles – and test out your creation.
- Enjoy tons and tons of more goodies to celebrate the 1.0 milestone!
Key Features (All Platforms)
- Fight alongside your friends – or blow them up (we won’t judge!): Take part in action-packed 8-player team and free-for all battles. Tactical gameplay is essential for victory – while numerous distinct tanks, weapons, items, maps, and play styles make every match unique.
- Way too many weapons: It’s a bit ridiculous. Unlock, upgrade, and master over 400 unique power-packed weapons – from the intimidating Seagull to the ever-powerful Mega-Nuke. The best part is that we’re building and adding more daily.
- Loads of modes: Armored carnage must get old after a while, right? Wrong. Unique game modes keep things fresh and give you the opportunity to demolish tanks in a multitude of ways.
- Become the best there ever was: Earn XP to level up and become king of the battlefield. Play through 100 unique ranks – each with their own rewards and unlocks. Global leaderboards and rankings keep things spicy.
- Upgrade EVERYTHING: And when we say everything, we mean everything! Upgrade your tank. Upgrade your skills. Upgrade your items. Upgrade your arsenal. All 400+ of the game’s weapons can be upgraded to more powerful versions.
- Nature doesn’t stand a chance: Fully destructible terrain creates a dynamically changing battlefield. Earthquakes and other natural disasters keep you on your toes (just like in real life)!
Pricing & Availability
ShellShock Live can be purchased for $6.99 on Steam and is compatible with Windows, Mac, and Linux. (A bundle that includes four full copies so friends can play together retails for $19.99.)
The game is also available for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One:
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/ShellShockLive
Twitter – https://twitter.com/ShellShockLive
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/kChampGames
Twitter – https://twitter.com/kChampGames
About kChamp Games
Founded by Kyle Champ in 2011, kChamp Games is a one-man independent game development studio based in Southern California. Kyle started as a Flash game developer at a young age and expanded to new platforms shortly after. With more than 2 million unit sales and 70 million combined plays, the ShellShock Live series is Kyle Champ’s most popular title. To learn more about ShellShock Live and kChamp Games, please visit https://www.shellshocklive.com and http://www.kchampgames.com.
Multiplayer Artillery Game ShellShock Live Updated to v0.9.1.7, Price Reduced to $6.99
Available on Steam Early Access for PC, Mac, Linux
SAN DIEGO, Calif. — June 4, 2015 — kChamp Games is proud to announce a number of updates to its popular multiplayer artillery game, ShellShock Live — which has now reached Version 0.9.1.7 and is discounted to $6.99 on Steam.
ShellShock Live is a strategic online multiplayer artillery game centered around using tanks to blow your opponents to smithereens. ShellShock Live encourages players to keep playing as they level up and unlock new tanks, music, maps and hundreds of upgradeable weapons. If you’re a fan of Scorched Earth, Death Tank, and Worms, you’ll be right at home with ShellShock Live.
- 8-player online multiplayer battles: Team or free-for-all, with several game modes and options; turn-based shooting or all-shot (i.e., everyone shoots at once).
- 200+ unique upgradable weapons: Use weapons frequently to upgrade them to more powerful weapons (e.g., stream -> creek -> river -> tsunami).
- 100+ ranks: Earn XP to level up to a new rank–unlocking new weapons, maps, tank parts, and skill points; use skill points to upgrade your tank and unlock new skills.
- Fully customizable and upgradable tanks: Earn tank parts by leveling up and completing challenges; customize your tank with parts you’ve earned.
Three new game modes have been added to ShellShock Live since Version 0.9.1.2:
ASSASSIN tasks each player with eliminating a target. Any damage to other tanks will result in 0 damage. Assassin kills will result in 5 Kill XP + 5 Assassination XP.
JUGGERNAUT has a random player take on the role of the Juggernaut, who in turn gets increased hp and armor. Gameplay is Juggernaut vs. All (up to 7v1).
POINTS rewards a more strategic approach to combat — allowing players to fight each other for points rather than only to the death. The player with the highest score when all players have been destroyed wins the pot!
“It’s been quite a trip from the initial launch of the Flash version of ShellShock Live way back in 2011 to now,” says Kyle Champ, founder of kChamp Games. “With the Steam version almost at Version 1.0, and thanks to the feedback from the community, I’ve set my sights on making it one of the most memorable multiplayer experiences on Windows, Mac, and Linux.”
New Features (Versions 0.9.1.2 –> 0.9.1.7)
- New game modes (detailed above): Assassin, Juggernaut, and Points
- Pre-game rules now have game-mode specific color
- Adjusted full chassis upgrades to yield 40% Armor instead of 50% (e.g., 40 Armor on 100hp match instead of 50 Armor if fully upgraded)
- Game mode notification and rules at the beginning of each round
- Gear tutorial notification for new users
- New sound effects to roughly 50 weapons
- Game mode icon to game slots
- Improved tank and fire graphics and added tank glow visual effect
- Increased frequency of crates
- Backend system for more modes in the future.
- Game option to choose weapon system.
- XP Multiplier, which also affects weapon XP: Distinct game setups can now earn players different amounts of XP.
- XP Multiplier affected by game mode, player count, shot type, and weapon system.
- Reduced Skill Point reset wait time from 30 days to 7 days.
Visit http://steamcommunity.com/games/shellshocklive/announcements/ for full patch notes on all updates.
Pricing & Availability
ShellShock Live can be purchased for $6.99 from Steam Early Access and is compatible with Windows, Mac, and Linux. A bundle that includes four full copies of the game is also available for $19.99.
Twitter: https://twitter.com/kChampGames | https://twitter.com/ShellShockLive
About kChamp Games
Founded by Kyle Champ in 2011, kChamp Games is a one-man independent game development studio based in Southern California. Kyle started as a Flash game developer at the age of 17 and moved on to new platforms at the wise old age of 23. With more than 30 million combined plays, the ShellShock Live series is his most popular endeavor. To learn more about kChamp Games, please visit http://www.kchampgames.com/.