Pixel Pop Network
Linux Game News
“KeeperRL is an amazing game, and . . . I’d vote [it] GoTY if I had any modicum of power.”
– Connor (Pixel Pop Network)
Dungeon Simulator KeeperRL Debuts Massive ‘Alpha 30’ Update
Playable Gnomes faction, minion titles/kill lists, hidden dungeons, and more
WEJHEROWO, Poland – June 3, 2020 – Michał Brzozowski, the developer behind long-running roguelike KeeperRL, today announced the arrival of the Alpha 30 content update!
The popular dungeon simulator KeeperRL is known for masterfully merging roguelike, base-building, and strategy RPG gameplay mechanics. The game features procedurally generated maps, detailed combat simulation with direct control of units, and the ability to share your dungeons online for other players to beat.
Consisting of a huge number of features and fixes, the Alpha 30 update introduces the new playable Gnomes faction, which excels at crafting mechanical contraptions that will allow players to dominate in dungeons and on battlefields!
“When creating KeeperRL in 2013, I was inspired by roguelikes like Nethack and ADOM. After discovering Dwarf Fortress, I experimented with adding a real-time dungeon building mode – which turned out to be a total game changer,” says Michał Brzozowski, designer/programmer and founder of Electric Succubi. “This is basically the origin story of KeeperRL. Since hitting Steam Early Access in 2015, development has progressed steadily – thanks to the ongoing support from existing players. Their feedback allowed me to massively improve all aspects of the game and add modding support, which started an explosion of free content via Steam Workshop. I’m confident that the community will find much to enjoy in Alpha 30!”
Perfectly suited for fans of Rimworld, Dwarf Fortress and Dungeon Keeper, Electric Succubi’s KeeperRL is an ambitious dungeon simulator with roguelike and RPG elements. Take on the role of an evil wizard to study black magic – equipping minions and exploiting everything around you. Murder innocent villagers, burn their homes … anything goes. You can also build up your dungeon and lay traps to defend against angry heroes headed your way! There’s always something to do in KeeperRL – whether you control minions (in which the game becomes a classic roguelike with turn-based, tactical combat) or an adventurer (when the goal is to assault dungeons made by yourself or other players).
Alpha 30 (Changelog)
- Dungeon Management: Build dungeons and defend them from attackers. Dig deep into the mountain and build dozens of rooms, corridors, and traps while your minions train and produce weapons/armor. Meanwhile, prisoners are tortured as you research new technologies such as alchemy, beast mutation, and sorcery.
- Large, Procedurally-Generated Maps: Explore a procedurally generated fantasy world and make your enemies suffer! In your neighborhood, you’ll find castles, villages, other dungeons, and special locations. Slay heroes, dragons, and witches for their loot. Every game you play is unique.
- Roguelike Mechanics: Immerse yourself in a turn-based roguelike featuring equipment and consumables. The world is simulated on a very detailed level. Creatures use equipment and consumable items. There are dozens of special items, spells, attributes, and special attacks. You can cut off heads and limbs and blind or poison your enemies. If you’re not careful with fire, you can burn an entire forest or even your own dungeon (!) Play as an adventurer in a pure RPG/roguelike mode with no base-building (optional).
- Online Map Sharing: Upload your dungeon for other players to attack! Download dungeons made by other players and explore them as an adventurer!
Pricing & Availability
KeeperRL is available on Steam Early Access for $14.99. The OST retails for $2.99 – and there’s a bundle that includes the game and OST for $17.08. KeeperRL is also available on itch.io and the Humble Store.
Screenshots & Logos
Facebook – http://facebook.com/keeperrl
Twitter – http://twitter.com/keeperRL
YouTube – http://youtube.com/channel/UCsovBj9mNQF05UuOSeNIYTQ
Discord – http://discordapp.com/invite/XZfCCs5
About Electric Succubi
Founded in 2013, Electric Succubi is the brainchild of Polish designer and programmer Michał Brzozowski. After working as a programmer at Google, Michal decided to turn his undying love for roguelikes into reality and develop his very own game, which eventually became KeeperRL. To learn more about KeeperRL and Electric Succubi, please visit https://keeperrl.com.