“If you’re looking for a deep and highly-polished action RPG absolutely filled with loot … 9th Dawn III should be at the top of your list.”
– Matthew Sholtz (AndroidPolice)
Social Media Assets
Open World RPG 9th Dawn III: Shadow of Erthil Launching Today on Consoles, Steam & Mobile Devices
One massive indie RPG coming right up!
SHEFFIELD, England – Oct. 6, 2020 – Valorware’s latest installment in the 9th Dawn franchise – 9th Dawn III: Shadow of Erthil – is now available on Steam (Windows), iOS, Android, Xbox One, PS4 and Nintendo Switch.
9th Dawn III is a 2D open world RPG and “collect-a-thon” dungeon crawler packed full of adventure – allowing you to explore dungeons filled with more than 270 unique monsters … and enough treasure, loot, and rare materials to last a lifetime. There are also 1,400 uniquely drawn items to collect – including more than 300 weapons and 550 armor types and accessories.
“I always wanted to create a medieval fantasy RPG with a focus on exploration – where players could find something ‘new’ as they search every nook and cranny looking for secrets,” says Tom Au, founder and solo developer at Valorware. “I had tried my best over the years to achieve this – often failing, and having to start completely from scratch. My 9th attempt was appropriately named, 9th Dawn. When the original game was completed, I began to take in positive and negative feedback from players – striving to deliver a greatly improved experience with each sequel. 9th Dawn III: Shadow of Erthil is my biggest game yet – and it’s absolutely packed full of content and features. It turned out to be the game I had always wanted to make.”
In 9th Dawn III: Shadow of Erthil, you can improve your character to become the ultimate warrior: Unlock spells and abilities, fine-tune your attributes and skills – and level up your crafting abilities in cooking, weapon smithing, spellcrafting, and more. You can also recruit monsters – managing them and ultimately improving their combat skills – and even unlock a mysterious companion to fight alongside you …
Need a break? Put your adventuring on hold and take a breather by enjoying Fyued – a robust card game played throughout the game world with 180 collectible cards. You can also help the townsfolk grow the prosperity of their villages by embarking on sidequests ranging from silly to “Wut?”
Equip your best gear and journey across the fields of Ashwick, snowy regions of Halstorm, dense forests of Vlak, and perilous Hollow Mountains of Scorn as you embark on an epic quest! There’ll be some stories to tell after this one …
New for 9th Dawn III: Shadow of Erthil
- Robust creature system: Catch/tame more than 270 different creatures and form a party of up to 10. Level them up and “morph” them back to Level 1, with increased combat power over and over again to raise incredibly strong creatures!
- Improved companion system: Unlock a companion – who has all the same systems as the main player. Switch between yourself and your companion at the click of a button, allowing for exciting combat tactics – and a backup plan if one of the characters dies! Your companion can also have up to 10 creatures out with them.
- Local “couch co-op” 2-player mode (PC/console only): Enjoy the entire main campaign fully with the help of a second player at any time using a drop-in/drop-out system. Player 2 is also a full character with inventory/equipment/abilities/creature party and can switch to the companion as well. Using all 3 characters (2 playable, 1 AI), form a very strong team and have up to 30 creatures out with you.
- Superior animation: Highly animated skeleton-based pixel art for better visual impact and a world that feels more “alive.”
- Ride the lightning: Rideable mounts!
- Improved crafting system: Master 9 trade skills – including cooking, weapon smithing, spellcrafting, and more.
- Craft enchanting Power Gems: Give your equipment some extremely powerful buffs this way – if you’re skilled enough at crafting, that is!
- Relax with a fishing mini-game: Collect up to 24 fish across various regions; just let ’em know you’ve “gone fishing”!
- Huge soundtrack: Featuring an expanded soundtrack (more than an hour of original music) composed and produced by Valorware’s Tom Au.
- Huge open world full of dungeons, crypts, forts, and villages.
- Enormous amounts of loot, collectibles, and customizable gear.
- Fyued – an in-depth card game with 180 collectible cards to collect from NPCs.
- Monster collecting and leveling-up mechanics; 10+ monsters per character can be used to fight alongside you!
- Full orchestral soundtrack.
- Craft to create and customize weapons/armor, go fishing and make food, collect gems to create epic jewelry – and much more!
Pricing & Availability
9th Dawn III: Shadow of Erthil is now available on Steam/Windows, iOS, Android, Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and Nintendo Switch.
$9.91 during the first week on sale, then $15.99 (38% off)
Mobile: iOS & Android
Console: Xbox One, PlayStation 4 & Nintendo Switch
Nintendo Game Store:
Screenshots & Logos
Facebook – http://facebook.com/valorware
Twitter – http://facebook.com/valorware
YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/user/Valorware
Instagram – http://instagram.com/valorware
Reddit – https://www.reddit.com/r/9thDawn
Discord – https://discord.gg/mRQKpb3
Forum – http://9thdawn.freeforums.net
Valorware is a UK-based game development and publishing company. Valorware is led by solo developer Tom Au and is focused on producing content-rich RPGs. To learn more about 9th Dawn III: Shadow of Erthil and Valorware, please visit http://valorware.com.