Words & Cards
Who said poker and word games don’t mix?
Royal Palm Games
“Make poker cards and create words in this fun mix of two popular competitive genres.”
-Jennifer Allen (148Apps)
Ayopa Games Presents Words & Cards — Together at Last on iOS!
MIAMI – March 26, 2014 – Scrabble-like wordplay plus poker strategy and skill: Ayopa Games presents Words & Cards, a new iOS-exclusive title launching today. A free multiplayer game for wordsmiths and poker fans alike, Words & Cards brings two beloved genres together like never before in a game tailor-made for iOS 7.
Spelling high-scoring words earns cards and points. Playing high-value poker card hands adds to your total score in a battle versus a friend or random opponent. Special boost powers allow everyone to improve their chances. After five quick but intense turns, the player with the highest score earns a well-deserved currency reward — plus priceless bragging rights!
Playing with Facebook friends is easy: Upon starting the game for the first time, players can choose to seamlessly add all of their Facebook friends to Words & Cards. It’s also possible to play against others via random matches; real-time matchmaking ensures that a fair challenge is always just around the corner.
“I’ve been a gamer all my life. Despite working outside of the game industry, I felt it was the right time to give life to Words & Cards—a game I’m very passionate about. Speaking as an indie developer, Ayopa Games is a perfect partner for us to develop and launch a major App Store hit,” says Adam Kadushin, CEO of Royal Palm Games. “Words & Cards is a unique mix of word play and card play. Winning in Words & Cards is about matching complementary skills with ingenuity and intuition. Gamers used to forming words or coming up with strong poker hands will be challenged to move beyond their comfort zones to discover a whole new level of play.”
* Quick, Turn-Based Gameplay: Each game consists of five turns per player. Designed for fast-paced play, Words & Cards lets you compete at your own pace and on your own time.
* Word Play: Spell the best word using allocated vowels and consonants. Certain letters are more difficult to use than others, but they’re worth more points!
* Card Play: Earn playing cards from your created word, and then play your best poker hand each turn for combo points. The better the hand, the more points you receive!
* Multiplayer vs. Friends: Create games to compete with your Facebook friends. Don’t see your friend? Share the game and dive in!
* Multiplayer vs. Random Opponents: Create games against random players. You will be matched against active opponents to form new rivalries in real-time.
* Game Boosts: Use special abilities to enhance your gameplay experience, gain a competitive edge, or even give your friends an extra challenge.
* Earn Coins Every Game: Winners receive more coins, but everyone earns something for each game played. You can even bet that you’ll win the next game; if you succeed, the pot is yours!
* Poker Hands Reference: Created for the poker pro and novice alike, the in-game list of poker hands and scores allows players to consult a quick-and-easy guide.
* Distinctly iOS 7: Designed specifically for iOS devices.
* Game Center Achievements & Leaderboards: Plenty of achievements and leaderboards to measure progress against friends.
Words & Cards is a free download for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. App Store URL: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/words-cards/id592497491?ls=1&mt=8
About Royal Palm Games
Royal Palm Games Inc. is an independent developer hailing from sunny Miami. Words & Cards is the studio’s first title. To learn more about Royal Palm Games, please visit http://www.royalpalmgames.com/.
About Ayopa Games
Ayopa Games LLC is the leading independent game publisher for mobile platforms focusing on quality, fun and innovation. We created this company so that we could share our love of high-quality games with our fellow gamers, and to help indie developers succeed and innovate in an increasingly competitive industry. To learn more about Ayopa Games, please visit www.ayopagames.com.