“I absolutely loved the art style of Exospecies, which [looks] like a bunch of ’70s sci-fi illustrations came to life as an early ’90s PC game.” – Jared Nelson (TouchArcade)
Social Media Assets
Simultaneous Turn-Based Strategy Game Exospecies Set to Launch on iOSExospecies – a 1v1 strategy game created by Microsoft veteran/Xbox One Operating System co-lead Eric Zinda – will be making its way to the App Store on Wednesday, July 31, 2019. Combining the ageless gameplay of chess, strategic moves from Magic: The Gathering, and isometric combat from mid-’90s strategy DOS games such as SimCity, Exospecies allows players to form their very own alien militias to fight in surreal, exotic habitats all over the universe. In pitched 1v1 battles, strategy fans will be tasked with defeating two distinct AIs (“Maria” and “Ni jel-un”) or facing off against human opponents online as both sides take turns at the same time – a feature not often seen in turn-based strategy games. Gameplay Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4605dBZbKbA Story Trailer: https://youtu.be/VjZkAa0W_4U Exospecies in a Nutshell In Exospecies, every player’s unique alien army is composed of 10 units (with more coming soon) – all with different abilities, such as:
- Slug Trail: Conductive goo that can be laid out on a map and electrified later to damage opponents.
- Repel: Creates a field that bends spacetime to push enemy units away.
- Hell Jelly: Poisonous intergalactic sludge that contaminates opponents that touch it.
- Honey Kiss: Distance projectile attack from the Waspid race.
- Loyalize: Cause allies to fight harder when they are nearby units with this ability.
- Tunnel: Dig a tunnel underground to surprise enemy units.
- Disrupt: Create a disabling electromagnetic field to defend against enemy units.
- Beginner (“J’li li”): Introduction to the game with 11 levels. Teaches players how to best make use of ALL the different units/species in the game.
- Advanced (“Malinoino”): Much more difficult with 13 levels. Fun but challenging AI; highly replayable.
- Simultaneous turn-based strategy: Both players take turns at the same time for fast turn-based play.
- Two single-player campaigns: Players take command of their militia in a series of battles against two AIs – the beginner-friendly “Ni jel-un” or the fiendish “Maria.”
- Multiplayer 24/7: Matchmaking allows players to find worthy opponents online or play against friends.
- Tons of species: Players can create strategic opportunities with special actions such as Space-Time Bend, Slug Trail, Hell Jelly – and many more!
- Combined arms: Actions can be combined to dramatically increase their effectiveness.
- Custom maps: Players can battle against AI, friends, and random human opponents in custom habitats using the Map Editor.
- Multiple games at the same time: Multiple human or AI opponents can be battled simultaneously!