Location: San Francisco, California (US)
Release date: July 7, 2022
Platforms: Steam and Meta Quest 2
Awards & Recognition
- Grand Winner: PC Game – VR/AR
- Grand Winner: PC Game – Role-Playing Game (RPG)
- Grand Winner: PC Game – Best Audio Design
- Gold Winner: PC Game – Best Character Design
- Gold Winner: PC Game – Best Experience
- Gold Winner: PC Game – Best Gameplay
- Gold Winner: PC Game – Best Music
- Gold Winner: PC Game – Best Storytelling
- Gold Winner: PC Game – Best Visual Art
- Gold Winner: PC Game – Best Technology
“RUINSMAGUS isn’t the game I thought it was – it’s better.”
– Jamie Feltham (UploadVR)
“The gorgeous character design and animation really make this game stand out as one for JRPG fans to keep an eye on.”
– Bethany May-Howard (CBR)
“If you’ve ever wanted to play a Japanese RPG in first-person, then RUINSMAGUS might be the game you’re looking for.”
– Tony Polanco (Tom’s Guide)
“RUINSMAGUS is taking the JRPG genre to the world of virtual reality.” – Cameron Woolsey (PC Invasion)
“After a fantasy action RPG in VR? RUINSMAGUS is here to scratch that itch.” – Darragh Murphy (Laptop Magazine)
Review requests can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mastiff allows the contents of RUINSMAGUS to be published through video broadcasting services for any commercial or non-commercial purpose. Monetization of videos created containing assets from RUINSMAGUS is legally and explicitly allowed by Mastiff.
Bill Swartz: President & CEO
Mika Hayashi: COO
Yasuo: Business Developement
Dylan Strehle: Marketing Associate
Mikami Kohito: CEO
Maki Tateishi: Director
Daiki Iwamoto: Lead Engineer
Masaru Nakanishi: Technical Artist
Tomoo Kabata: CG Artist
Contact & More Info
Novy client page:
In RUINSMAGUS, you’ll take on the role of a novice in the magical arts sent to investigate the abandoned ruins below the prosperous town of Grand Amnis. The town’s wealth depends largely on artifacts hidden deep within the ruins, protected by powerful Guardians. Faced with a daunting challenge, you must answer the question that haunts every one of your fellow citizens: What mysteries lurk beneath the gilded streets of Grand Amnis?
As a member of the renowned RUINSMAGUS Guild, your goal is to help strengthen it with magic, resources, and wisdom as you fulfill more than 25 unique, story-driven quests. Face off against guardians tasked with protecting the ruins from intruders – and solve deadly puzzles to advance the story. When you’ve completed a quest, head to the surface to acquire new items and upgrade your equipment in town – if you want to live another day, that is!
“The Warrior and the Tailor” DLC Description
“‘The Warrior and the Tailor’ introduces a whole new story that greatly expands the world of RUINSMAGUS while giving players more content and customization options,” says Shuto Mikami, president of CharacterBank. “We’re immensely grateful to players who have joined us on this VR adventure. The new DLC and content update are our way of saying thanks to the amazing RUINSMAGUS community.”
- Explore and fight: Cast and blink your way through a stunning VR fantasy world.
- Make your mark: More than 25 story-driven quests to challenge your skills.
- Feel the power: Unleash 16 types of magic from the palm of your hand.
- Defend yourself: Raise your shield with your non-casting hand to block enemy attacks.
- Jack in: Immersive VR mechanics bring your character to life.
DLC Key Features
- Bustling new area: Explore beautiful new shops and alleyways – now accessible after completing Chapter Five.
- Intriguing side story: Experience danger, humor, and an unexpected twist!
- Fresh boss battle: Face a mysterious swordsman and live to tell the tale.
- Iris’ fashion journey: With more than 50 different combinations of outfits and headwear, you can personalize Iris’ clothes to your heart’s content!