Review requests can be sent to email@example.com
Dead Drop Studios allows the contents of Outbreak: The Nightmare Chronicles to be published through video broadcasting services of any commercial or non-commercial purpose. Monetization of videos created containing assets from Outbreak: The Nightmare Chronicles and explicitly allowed by Dead Drop Studios.
As the city burns and the countryside is engulfed by the epidemic, the living are increasingly alone and forced to live with this new reality. Monstrous beasts and disfigured remnants roam freely with their numbers increasing rapidly, slaughtering everything in their path. In the opening chapter, Lydia finds herself separated from her fellow survivors and all alone. After fleeing into a large manor estate to escape the relentless horde, her only goal now is survival. She must explore the manor, locate supplies and find a way to wake from this nightmare. But somehow… she knows her fate is already sealed.
Outbreak: The Nightmare Chronicles is an episodic unforgiving survival horror experience that takes place within the Outbreak universe. Death lurks behind each door as you fight to survive with the limited supplies at your disposal. Search rooms thoroughly and make the right choice when to fight – or flee – from the monstrosities. Featuring classic hardcore survival horror gameplay in a directed single-player experience, you’ll need to stay on your toes to stay alive. You have a limited inventory and you’ll need to leverage supply caches to store your equipment for use later. Saving your game is also highly restrictive and you’ll need to locate the means to record your progress as you explore. Lydia’s adventure is just the beginning… can you survive the chronicles and determine the fate of the other survivors?
Key Features (Switch)
- Fixed camera angles harken back to the early days of survival horror games.
- Dedicated Story Mode follows the player character, Lydia, as she becomes separated from her group.
- Limited inventory space, beautiful environments, and horrifying monsters!
- Fight through countless rooms in an action-packed Battle Mode – inspired by Resident Evil: Code Veronica.
- Search rooms, read logs, find keys, and solve puzzles to survive.
- Engage threats directly or run away to safety.
- Save games using (in-game) floppy disks!
- Choose from several firearms and melee weapons.
- Multiple difficulty settings – Easy, Normal, Biohazard, and a “one-hit-kill” Nightmare setting for the truly insane.
- No Internet connection required.
- Supports Switch Pro Controller, Joy-Cons in tabletop mode, and HD Rumble.
- Massive rebalancing – making “Normal” difficulty slightly more manageable with buffed supplies, improved damage, and more (“Hard” and beyond are untouched and remain incredibly difficult).
- Superior enemy attack detection – giving the player more opportunities to dodge.
- Significant performance and memory improvements.
- Dramatic reduction in load times.
- Numerous fixes including geometry tweaking, enemy placement, and more.