Location: Bussum (Netherlands)
Release date: October 11, 2016
Price: $1.99/ €1.99/ £1.99
Crap! I’m Broke: Out of Pocket
Awards & Recognition
- Google Play Indie Contest: Nominee (2017)
- IMGA: Nominee (2017)
- Pocket Gamer: Silver Award (2016)
- App Store: “New Games We Love” 3x (2016)
- AMG Awards: Winner, “Best Mobile Game”; Nomination, “Best Game Concept” (2016)
- Gamescom: Indie Arena Exhibitor | Holland Pavilion Exhibitor (2016)
- GDC (SF): Dutch Showcase Exhibitor (2016)
- Pocket Gamer Connects: Top 5 Finalist, “The Very Big Indie Pitch” (2016)
- Apps World London: 3rd Place Winner, “The Big Indie Pitch” (2015)
– “Crap! I’m Broke: Out of Pocket resonates with me on a deeply personal level”
Rob Funnell, Touch Arcade
– “The crushing horror of real life has never been so fun”
Ric Cowley, Pocket Gamer
– “Making light of a grim situation.”
Thomas Faust, IndieGames.com
– “Crap! I’m Broke is essentially a millennial simulator”
John Dye, Android Authority
– “A game about trying to manage your own life and failing to do so quite easily”
AndrewH, Droid Gamers
– “ “Crap! I’m Broke” Hits Close To Home”
– “The Struggle is Real When Crap! I’m Broke”
Review requests can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Arcane Circus allows the contents of Crap! I’m Broke: Out of Pocket to be published through video broadcasting services for any commercial or non-commercial purpose. Monetization of videos created containing assets from Crap! I’m Broke: Out of Pocket is legally and explicitly allowed by Arcane Circus.
Erik van Wees
Co- Founder & Designer/Developer, Arcane Circus
Co- Founder & Artist, Arcane Circus
Musician, The Doppelgangers
Crap! I’m Broke: Out of Pocket was made possible in part by the Stimuleringsfonds Creatieve Industrie.
Contact & More Info
Novy client page:
- Enjoy a Cubist-inspired game world and a jazzy soundtrack by underground musician Kimono.
- Pursue a variety of careers as dishwasher, human statue, bouncer … and many more!
- Play fun mini-game jobs — and do whatever it takes to pay those bills.
- Use your newfound disposable income to buy items, unlock perks, and earn new jobs — spending as wisely or as recklessly as you see fit.
- Save spare time between levels and unlock micro-games.
- Choose and accomplish New Year’s resolutions and collect lifetime memories.
- Be a Good Samaritan and reap rewards — or misbehave and be met with bad luck — with an in-game karma system.
- Buy items at the in-game webshop that may grant you perks and access to new areas.