Silvine Game Studios’ new strategy game Artifice: War Tactics launched today on Steam. Set in an otherworldly fantasy realm where victory is earned through cunning tactics and skillful execution, Artifice: War Tactics involves placing allies to set up deadly attack zones and dealing damage through powerful combos. All of this and much more takes place across a variety of challenging battle scenarios. Strategy brings victory; carelessness means death.
Artifice: War Tactics won 2nd place in the Indie Game of the Year competition at this year’s India Game Developer Conference (IGDC) – and was nominated for Best Visual Art, PC/Console Game of the Year, Indie Game of the Year, and People’s Choice. The game was also selected for this year’s Turn-Based Carnival on Steam running through November 11.
Artifice: War Tactics takes inspiration from genre staples XCOM and Into the Breach – challenging players to carefully place allies in order to set up devious traps, trigger truly devastating combos, and reclaim the kingdom. Only the most cunning players will survive wave after wave of relentless foes, conquer strongholds, seize treasure, and maybe – just maybe – live to fight another day!
The game has three core pillars – Deduce, Anticipate and Maximize.
- Deduce: Observe enemy positions and deduce where they’re most likely to set up an ambush.
- Anticipate: Anticipate where the enemy is most likely to move during the following turn to position your champions.
- Maximize: Set attack zones and trigger a chain reaction of combos to maximize your victory and strike as many enemies as possible.
- Set traps: Place your allies to set up attack zones called Overwatches. When enemies enter the Overwatch, your champions attack!
- Let none escape: Trap enemy lines in your Overwatches by positioning allies carefully.
- Trigger chain reactions: Assemble an array of champions to pierce, burn, poison, and pull enemies into other Overwatches – creating an explosive chain reaction.
- 6 playable champions: Unlock and customize every ally. Upgrade their traits, stat bonuses, and new abilities as the campaign progresses.
- Spoils of war: Bolster your squad by pillaging enemy provinces for 61 types of unique loot.
- 2 bosses: Challenge bosses in their strongholds to claim new territory.
- 3 biomes: Unique biomes each with their own hazards that can disrupt enemy and player forces alike.
Artifice: War Tactics is now available exclusively on Steam.
Learn more about Artifice: War Tactics here.