Hip hop beat ‘em up Sakeworld receives a massive update with new and improved animations, sound effects, gameplay … and more!
Sakeworld – the trippy 2D beat ‘em up featuring real-life rappers – has been updated, thanks to community and press feedback. Now live on PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 4 consoles, the 1.12 patch includes a huge number of updates to the game’s visuals, sound design, gameplay balance, and tutorial.
Sakeworld’s truly out-of-this-world aesthetic is the creation of 15-year-old Jack Phoenix – who lost his life in 2015 after being stricken by a fleeing vehicle during a police chase. After this tragic and senseless death, Jack’s father, Nick Phoenix, gathered all of the amazing art Jack had produced during his life, started apparel brand Sake Forever, and now has completed Sakeworld to honor his son’s creative spirit.
1.12 Patch Notes
- Improved the overall balance and difficulty in all gameplay modes: Combat is tighter and more accurate; weapons are better placed throughout the levels.
- Several additions and improvements made to the tutorial area and help screens based on player feedback.
- Rapper, enemy, and Boss animations overhauled for a more fluid experience – with many new animations and tweaks added.
- New character and ambient sounds.
- New Scoring System UI (normal gameplay modes).
- Improved MP3 Player experience.
- Adjusted number of lives for Easy and Medium difficulties: Players now start with 4.
- Increased speed of spawns for weapon crates in Boss Rush.
- Crate following a BFG drop in Boss Rush now always contains a small healing item.
- Increased Score bonuses for extra lives and mini-games at the end of Boss Rush by 5X.
What is Sakeworld?
In Sakeworld, rappers are tasked with saving the streets from alien invaders and the most powerful crime syndicates on Earth. The game features real-life LA rappers Trippie Redd, D Savage, Chief Keef, Rucci, and Yung Bans as alien-fighting enforcers on the streets of Venice Beach, La Brea, Brooklyn, Brooklyn Tracks, Beijing, North Pole, Tokyo, Hell – and even Planet Sake. Face off against the Grim Reaper, demon babies, infected gang members, and an undead reindeer. Punch through a crowd. Empty a clip. Keep a cool head in this weird alternate dimension … or get smoked!
The updated build of Sakeworld is now available on PlayStation – both PS5 and PS4.
Read more about Sakeworld here.