Relaxing “bird simulator” Feather arrives on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One with cross-play, visual upgrades, and a new area to explore. Developed by Australian studio Samurai Punk, this Zen-like experience invites both PC and console gamers alike to leave their worries on the ground and embrace the light-as-a-feather nature of birds in a beautiful, flat-shaded world without enemies, combat or objectives.
Lose yourself in flight surrounded by lush environments and friendly creatures to the beat of a soothing ambient soundtrack. Fly free, explore, and make connections along your journey. Swoop, glide, and backflip your way around mysterious locations to uncover hidden paths that only birds can follow. There’s no right or wrong, no demands, no bosses – only you, the wind, and the sky!
Explorer Update Now Live
In addition to passive online multiplayer – which allows friends old and new to share the joy of flight in real time – the Explorer Update also adds a number of new features and improvements to Feather:
- The game is now fully cross-play – meaning that players will encounter birds (i.e., other players) from all supported platforms.
- A brand new area has been added – hidden deep within the islands.
- 6 new songs and 4 new birds to discover.
- New weather conditions! Some days can get pretty windy …
- Improved detail.
- Steam: Now with Mac support!
- New renderer is now able to spawn significantly more undergrowth.
- More objects in the world can be perched upon.
Available worldwide on PS4, Xbox One, Steam (Windows/Mac) and Switch, Feather has been featured in a number of outlets – including Kotaku AU, The Xbox Hub, Geeky Gadgets, Push Square, AusGamers, and Electronic Gaming Monthly.
Read more about Feather and Samurai Punk here.