The retro platformer, C.A.R.L. – created by well-known YouTube personality Andrew Kenady and co-developed by Matt Bitner of Morningstar Game Studio – is launching today on all major consoles and Steam!
Inspired by PC classics such as Cave Story, Speedy Eggbert, and Jazz Jackrabbit, C.A.R.L. blends classic platformer action with quirky RPG and story elements to deliver a clever, humorous, infinitely satisfying retro romp.
Get in the shiny metal shoes of C.A.R.L. (Computer Automated Resource Locator) – a small but daring automaton lost within the sprawling Kent Industries. Brave each perilous factory floor to collect Tech Units for his engineer friend – unlocking new areas and abilities along the way. Befriend defective robots in the D.U.M.P. (Depot of Unusable Machines & Parts) and gather items to bring the facility’s sinister secrets to light!
- Classic 2D Platformer Gameplay: Hop, skip, and jump your way through clever gauntlets of platforming perfection!
- Challenging Puzzles: Doors! Switches! Buttons! Things that go on and off! We’ve got ’em all.
- Tons of Secrets: Once you’ve upgraded your abilities, return to completed levels to find secret areas, hidden collectibles, and Easter eggs!
- Charming Narrative & Characters: Meet the residents of the D.U.M.P. and lean on them to help you on your quest! C.A.R.L. will need all the help he can get to uncover the secrets and inner workings of the facility.
- Original ‘Electro-Chiptune’ Soundtrack: Featuring 8-bit, DOS-era sound chip-inspired tracks that energize every step of C.A.R.L.’s journey.
C.A.R.L. is now available on the Nintendo Switch, Xbox, PlayStation and Steam. Read more about it here.