Choice Provisions (previously known as Gaijin Games) today announced the Steam release of BIT.TRIP RERUNNER + RUNNER MAKER – a love letter to its beloved BIT.TRIP franchise. The rhythm platformer that started it all is back with new mechanics, trippy Unreal 5-powered visuals, and a KILLER soundtrack inspired by the franchise’s deepest cuts.
For the very first time, Choice Provisions has also included an official level editor with the game: RUNNER MAKER – which allows players to create and share ever more challenging custom levels with BIT.TRIP fans all over the world. RUNNER MAKER makes it dead easy to fine-tune obstacles and shape beat-driven gameplay to deliver countless, stunningly varied BIT.TRIP RERUNNER levels. In fact, almost every single level in the shipped game was built with RUNNER MAKER!
Whether players enjoy the pre-designed levels in BIT.TRIP RERUNNER or venture into user-generated content, the combination of rhythmic gameplay, retro-inspired visuals, and an infectious chiptune soundtrack result in a memorable, hard-to-put-down gaming experience. Developed with the help of Brazilian outfit Gamecraft Studios, BIT.TRIP RERUNNER skillfully tests players’ reflexes and rewards their creativity – including tasteful nods to BIT.TRIP greats.
- Brave 150+ obstacle-filled levels based on the classic games – each one more challenging than the last.
- Dive head-first into a trippy new art style powered by Unreal 5.
- Enjoy a fully remixed soundtrack at unhealthy volume levels.
- Create and share the levels of your dreams with RUNNER MAKER.
- Uncover gaming artifacts in the Historical Gallery – with fun nods to the original game!
BIT.TRIP RERUNNER + RUNNER MAKER is now available on Steam. Console ports are on the horizon – so stay tuned!
Learn more about Choice Provisions and BIT.TRIP RERUNNER + RUNNER MAKER here.