The upcoming turn-based strategy game Artifice: War Tactics has received a number of updates as the V2 demo heads to DreamHack Beyonds Summer Indie Showcase and Steam Strategy Fest later this week 🙂
- DreamHack Beyond Summer Indie Summer Showcase: Friday, August 18 – Sunday, August 27
- Steam Strategy Fest: Monday, August 28 – Monday, September 4
About Artifice: War Tactics
Set in a medieval fantasy world where victory is earned through cunning tactics and skillful execution, Artifice: War Tactics has you place allies to set up deadly attack zones, powerful combos, and more across varied battle scenarios. Strategy brings victory; carelessness means death!
V2 Demo: What’s New?
Here’s the full changelog for the Artifice: War Tactics V2 demo:
- New intro
- New starting champions: Pyromancer, Berserker, and Ranger
- New enemy: Terrodon
- New battle mode: Retrieve the Artifact – and return to the safe zone before turns run out
- New battle hazard for the Mountain biome (Frost Wraith); whenever a unit takes an overwatch hit while adjacent to this creature, they will receive damage and the Frostbite effect
- Undo any action that has not triggered an overwatch
- New sub-objective for battles: An additional enemy (non-hostile) unit spawns at the start; eliminate the unit to complete the sub-objective!
- New tips/hints panel can be accessed anytime during battle
- New dialogue event system
- Concussive blast trait (Zephyr) updated with a passive ability that flings enemies out of the Arena (provided they’re standing at the edge) – instantly killing them
- Goblin sellsword and bowmen health increased from 6 to 8
- New “Double Move” ability to Relic (now Ember bomb) for more mobility options
- Terra and Arcane resources are no longer available at the start of the campaign
- The destination zone for the Relic (now Ember bomb) has been reduced
- Relic (now Ember bomb) health decreased from 8 to 6
- Shard rewards add a shard rather than restoring a consumed one
- Escort battle reworked: You must now escort the Ember bomb to the Shrine of Theosus and destroy it
The Artifice: War Tactics V2 demo will become available Friday, August 18 on Steam.
Learn more about Artifice: War Tactics and Silvine Studios here.