Weird & Wry’s simulation game The Spatials: Galactology has come of age as a full Steam release!
A genre-bending mix of base building and resource management gameplay with a dynamic loot system and randomly-generated galaxies, Galactology features deeper, more rewarding mechanics than the original game … and enough content (and new features!) to satisfy even the most hardcore simulation fans.
Back in 2015, The Spatials surprised quite a few reviewers with oodles of depth, humor, and seemingly endless replayability. The game’s sequel is now fully mature and available on Steam for all major desktop operating systems: Windows, Mac and Linux.
My God, It’s Full of New Features!
Galactology is The Spatials reimagined as a much larger and more rewarding simulation game. With mod support and active pause, the game adds new items and structures to build, trade routes to exploit, planets with many new variables, sophisticated AI, civilizations that actually attack your station – and unique gameplay systems behind every object and room. The game also ships with full Steam Workshop compatibility and includes a large chunk of gameplay source code with every copy sold.
The galaxy the Spatials once knew has changed. The Federation is collapsing, a 5,000-year-old cat is leading a revolution, strange cults are flourishing, and the worst chef of all time is a TV superstar. It’s time for the Spatials to start a new era of science and diplomacy by building the ultimate tourist trap – er … vacation hotspot in the outer reaches of the universe!
NEW: Features Added Since Steam Early Access
- Colony stations built on planets
- Building system based on rooms with separate flooring and walls
- New room styles
- Combine any floor tiles together with a range of colors
- New objects to furnish the station, both decorative and functional
- New space flight system based on wormholes
- Ship construction
- Civilizations also have ships and use them to visit you
- New civilizations (Chuchus, Cucurbians and Meductians)
- Per-factory order queues
- Global mode for factory production based on stock levels
- Per-job per-officer job priorities
- Class system with task-based learning and progression and a new set of skills
- Private property and rooms for your officers – and demands related to class
- Equippable items for your officers, make them more powerful with better loot
- Security system with item progression, shields turrets and security doors
- Events and disasters, spies, monsters, and VIPs can come visit your station
- Disease system with healthcare and hospitals
- Hotel system
- Visitor archetypes with different needs and expectations
- Redesigned research system and UI
- Redesigned staff screen
- Door filters
- Room-level aesthetic score and noise levels, which can affect vital tasks
- Large optimizations and performance enhancements
- Support for languages with custom fonts
- Built-in support for Chinese, Korean, German, French, Spanish, Turkish and Russian
Available on Windows, Mac and Linux, The Spatials: Galactology has been featured in a number of outlets – including Rock Paper Shotgun, GameSkinny, Inside Indie, UPROXX, PopGeeks, and One Angry Gamer.
Read more about The Spatials: Galactology and Weird & Wry here.