If you remember Tangledeep, you probably have fond memories of your time with it. Steam Next Fest is here – and we’re happy to report that this Maryland-based dev has a new game in the works 🙂
Introducing Flowstone Saga – a meticulously crafted, 16-bit RPG featuring an intriguing story, a totally unique battle system with a few surprises, gorgeous pixel art, lots of customization, an epic soundtrack … and even a few mighty frogs.
Watch the trailer for more:
Play the demo on Steam:
Story & Gameplay
Play as a spunky heroine as she builds her party and home – finding her place in the world. With an innovative twist on combat, Flowstone Saga allows players to choose at will between turn-based and real-time combat – skillfully making use of puzzle mechanics to shake things up. Tactical thinking triumphs over pirates, giant beetles, and at least ONE axolotl! Fans of classic SNES and PlayStation RPGs will feel right at home as they explore, build, fight, and cast their way through the mysterious world of Ocean’s End.
Steam Next Fest Livestreams
Developers Andrew Aversa and Andrew Luers will stream the full game this Wednesday, Thursday and Friday at 10:00 a.m. Pacific / 1:00 p.m. Eastern. Make sure to stop by and say “hi!”
- Gorgeous pixel art with painstakingly handcrafted areas sprawling across multiple biomes
- An epic story grand in scope, but with plenty of heart and charm
- Designed with accessibility in mind – with multiple difficulty options and a turn-based “Hold” mode
- Improve, expand, and decorate the hub town of New Riverstone, helping its citizens and making it your own
- Lots of ways to create unique battle strategies and express yourself: equipment customization, perk trees, job system, and more
The demo for Flowstone Saga is now available on Steam. The game is compatible with Windows, Mac, and Linux.
Read more about Flowstone Saga and Impact Gameworks here: