Award-winning adventure game Distortions from Brazilian studio Among Giants is heading to Steam and the Windows Store in early 2018!
Portraying a music-driven journey of self-discovery, the game transports players to a realm where music, magic, and memories take on a whole new meaning…
Lost & Found
After waking up in a strange, puzzling world where memories roam free like ghostly echoes, a young woman must use her musical gifts to find her way home. Beset with psychological pain, she must make peace with her past and learn to live in the moment in order to deal with unpleasant physical manifestations of days long gone. Equipped with her journal and violin – and guided by music – the girl must protect herself from the masked creatures that inhabit this land. In fact, they may have a deeper connection with her own memories …
In Distortions, you’ll experience a breathtakingly beautiful world filled with caves, mountains, and rivers. Can’t find a way through? Shape the terrain around you with music, and hunt for clues to shed light on the next waypoint. With the aid of a strange masked gentleman, you must uncover new memories and eventually solve the mystery of the journal’s unknown author to overcome your past and open the door to a happier future.
Awards & Recognition
This year alone, Distortions has already garnered awards and recognition from GameSpot, Casual Connect/Indie Prize, and the Brazilian International Game Festival:
* Winner, “Best of BGS10” [included in “Best in Show”] – GameSpot / Brazil Game Show
* Winner, “Best Brazilian Game” & “People’s Choice Award” – Brazilian International Game Festival (BIG)
* Winner, “Best Technology”; Nominee, “Best Music & Sound” – SBGames
* Winner, “Best Game” – Spcine
* Finalist / Nominee, “Best Narrative” – Casual Connect / Indie Prize (2017)
* Finalist – Casual Connect / Indie Prize (2018) [announced]
* Nominee, “Best Independent Game” & “Best Brazilian Game” – Brazil Game Awards (BGA)
* Nominee, “Best Concept” & “Best Music & Sound” – AzPlay
Available on Steam and the Windows Store in Q1 2018, Distortions has been featured in a number of outlets – including Flickering Myth, Pop Geeks, and Worthplaying.
Read more about Distortions and Among Giants here.