A strategic fantasy collectible card game
“Zems impressed me right from the start.”
– Zac Phoenix (Trading Card Games)
Build a Killer Deck & Use the Weather to Your Advantage in Zems
Seeking votes on Steam Greenlight
OKLAHOMA CITY — Dec. 2, 2015 — Master the weather and take the fight to the enemy in Impulse Limited’s new strategy and collectible card game (CCG) hybrid — Zems! CCG fans can support Zems on Steam Greenlight and play the Alpha build (Windows) today.
Zems takes place in Delnoa — a world inhabited by fantasy creatures and a number of factions, where an uneasy peace is held together by faith alone. Among the most powerful factions in Delnoa is the Irulian Empire — a human nation consisting of incredibly disciplined (and well-trained) soldiers known as the Irulian Legion. Some races (such as the dragon-like Phegans) are so powerful that they can each exist on their own without a faction. Others isolate themselves from conflict by making the sea their homes.
Each one of Zems’ beautifully hand-crafted cards was designed by a team of award-winning artists — including Mario Wibisono (EXPOSÉ award winner), Lius Lasahido, and Jackson Tjota.
“Zems combines the collectible quality of fantasy card games with tactical combat enhanced by a dynamic environment,” says Yang Pulse, producer at Impulse Limited. “We’ve created a CCG experience unlike anything else on the market right now — and we hope you’ll join us on our exciting journey through Steam Greenlight :)”
To start, choose a hero and then build a deck of followers and spells that fits your playstyle. In order to summon followers, cast spells, and activate your hero’s unique ability, you’ll need zems — orbs of energy that fuel all magic in the world of Delnoa.
Here are just a few strategies you can use to master Zems:
- Go for the direct assault and brute force your way to victory.
- Wage guerrilla warfare by hitting your opponent with long-range attacks and running away before they can respond.
- Take control of the weather and (literally) flood the battlefield — creating key attacking positions or setting up hazardous terrain for your opponent.
Remember to keep your hero alive at all times; otherwise, it’s game over!
If you prefer a more sophisticated approach, you can actually chain effects together by zapping wet spaces with a lightning bolt — which stuns every unit currently standing on water and prevents any unit on those tiles from moving (or attacking).
- No pay-to-win: All cards can be acquired through gameplay.
- Individual heroes: Each army has a unique hero leading the charge — with special abilities to boot!
- Hybrid gameplay: Tactical turn-based combat meets collectible card game mechanics.
- Weather control: Manipulate the weather to set up combos, hazards, and buffs.
- Built to last: Open card packs to expand your collection.
- Multiplayer: Compete online in both ranked and unranked multiplayer modes.
Pricing & Availability
Zems will be free-to-play with purchasable card packs, deck slots, and heroes. The game will initially launch on Windows, followed by Mac and Linux.
About Impulse Limited
Impulse Limited was founded in August 2014 by producer and CCG enthusiast, Yang Pulse. Based in Oklahoma City, Impulse employs world-class game developers around the globe. Zems is the studio’s first game.