“Friendly is a Facebook client that looks to cut through a lot of the unwanted noise, and present Facebook to you the way you want Facebook presented: in a friendlier way.”
– Tre Lawrence (Android Rundown)
Make Your News Feed Great Again with Friendly for Android
Filter keywords and expertly combine Facebook, Messenger, and Instagram in a single app
AUSTIN, Texas — Dec. 7, 2016 — Friendly, one of the App Store’s most beloved social media enhancement apps, is now available on Google Play and has also received a major update on the App Store. Return to the glory days of a politics-free Facebook news feed and save battery, storage, and bandwidth in this must-have app.
The brand spanking new Keyword Filtering feature for Android and iOS devices works in two ways: If you’re tired of seeing political posts, simply set your Keyword Filter to hide posts and articles containing the keywords “election,” “Republican,” or “Democrat”… and voilà: Any posts containing those words will not appear in your feed. Conversely, if you want to see more posts featuring cats (or posts from a close friend), you can set a Keyword Filter to highlight topics and users. Why settle for Facebook’s less-than-ideal algorithm when you can take full control with Friendly?
“We’re thrilled to make Friendly available to Android users,” says Stephane Philipakis, co-founder of Friendly App Studio. “It’s no secret that people’s news feeds have become ‘heated’ during this election year. We’re confident that the Keyword Filtering feature can restore balance to the news feed — and bring peace back to Facebook walls everywhere.”
- Take control of your news feed with Keyword Filters.
- Preserve your device’s storage by consolidating all of Facebook, Messenger, and Instagram in a single app.
- Sort your feed by most recent posts.
- Save bandwidth with a built-in Ad Blocker (say goodbye to Facebook ads and trackers), auto play/auto download disabled by default, and incremental news feed loading.
- Go longer on a single battery charge: no location checks in background and smart loading keep power consumption in check.
- Secure your account with Fingerprint & Passcode Lock.
- Switch between work and personal profiles with Multi-Account Support.
- Customize each account with unique colors.
- Download and repost photos and videos seamlessly (iOS only).
Friendly originally launched on the App Store in June 2010. Since then, it has amassed more than 10 million downloads and a 4-star rating.
Pricing & Availability
Friendly can be downloaded for free from both Google Play and the App Store. For a limited time, Android users can enable the Ad Blocker for only $0.99. After 2 weeks, the Ad Blocker feature will return to its $1.99 price.
About Friendly App Studio
Founded in 2006 by Cyril Moutran and Stephane Philipakis, Friendly App Studio is an experienced app development team that works remotely from California, Texas and New York. The studio began as its own social network, which was created to help facilitate meaningful connections between people who didn’t necessarily know each other in real life. After gaining deep expertise in social networking and search, the team released its first Facebook app (Friendly) in 2010.