The couch co-op game Aqua Lungers has officially launched on Nintendo Switch in North America. The latest updates have also been pushed to the Steam version. With support for 4-player local split screen plus a single-player mode, Aqua Lungers‘ picturesque environments, non-stop action, and memorable creature designs are sure to make a splash on everyone’s favorite home console.
The search for glory and riches never ends. For centuries, the last great treasures have been lost to the depths as shipwrecks filled the seas with sunken loot. Now, those who want to get rich must don brightly colored diving suits and go where no one else dares!
In Aqua Lungers, players race through challenging stages while contending with deadly creatures and dastardly opponents to collect the most treasure. While everyone’s goal is the same, each player is afforded several options to give them an edge over their competitors. Some can use their speed and agility to outpace and evade their opponents, while others might use devastating attacks to slow them down and steal their hard-earned goods.
Those looking for a solo experience (or who’d like to get some practice in before challenging Real Human Beings™) can opt for single-player mode. While essentially the same as the default game, single-player mode retains the gold-collecting mechanic while increasing the penalty for deaths in each level. This shifts the challenge from “PvP racing” to PvE survival.
The Steam version has been updated with the following features – all of which are also incorporated into the Nintendo Switch version at launch.
- New zone complete with 3 new levels and final boss stage; includes a new enemy type and boss monster.
- New story text added to level select map to help players learn about Aqua Lungers as they progress through the game.
- Brand new boss music for boss stages.
- Penalty for failing stages.
- Pressing both bumpers now cancels weapon charge.
- Whirlwind can now push non-physics based projectiles.
Bug Fixes & Improvements
- Performance improvements throughout the game.
- Framerate now capped at 180 fps when vsync is disabled.
- Improved level victory sequence.
- AI and animation improvements for enemy creatures.
- Several weapon charge bugs fixed.
- Audio issues fixed for sound effects playing in rapid succession.
- Sound effects added to many projectiles.
Available on Nintendo Switch (North America) and Steam (Windows), Aqua Lungers has been featured in a number of outlets – including Kotaku, Destructoid, TouchArcade, Nintendo Life, Nintendo Everything, and Nintendo Insider.
Read more about Aqua Lungers and WarpedCore Studio here.