The wait is over: You can now dive for treasure with your friends worldwide in Aqua Lungers – available on Switch in Europe, Australia/New Zealand, and select countries. In WarpedCore Studio’s couch co-op epic, players across the globe can now vie for fame and fortune on both PC and Nintendo Switch – and experience the game’s stylish visuals, fluid animation, and polished PvP action first-hand.
Aqua Lungers: Story & Gameplay
The search for glory and riches never ends. For centuries, the last great treasures have been lost to the depths as shipwrecks filled the seas with sunken loot. Now, those who want to get rich must don brightly colored diving suits and go where no one else dares …
In this game of both speed and aggression, players race through challenging stages while contending with deadly creatures and dastardly opponents to collect the most treasure. While everyone’s goal is the same, each player is afforded several options to give them an edge over their competitors. Some can use their speed and agility to outpace and evade their opponents, while others might use devastating attacks to slow them down and steal their hard-earned goods!
Those looking for a solo experience (or who’d like to get some practice in before challenging Real Human Beings™) can opt for single-player mode. While essentially the same as the default game, single-player mode retains the gold-collecting mechanic while increasing the penalty for deaths in each level. This shifts the challenge from “PvP racing” to PvE survival.
Both Steam and Nintendo Switch versions are fully updated:
- New zone complete with 3 new levels and final boss stage; includes a new enemy type and boss monster.
- New story text added to level select map to help players learn about Aqua Lungers as they progress through the game.
- Brand-new music for boss stages.
- Penalty for failing stages.
- Pressing both bumpers now cancels weapon charge.
- Whirlwind can now push non-physics based projectiles.
Bug Fixes & Improvements
- Performance improvements throughout the game.
- Framerate now capped at 180fps when vsync is disabled.
- Improved level victory sequence.
- AI and animation improvements for enemy creatures.
- Fixed several weapon charge bugs for the player.
- Fixed audio issues for sound effects playing in rapid succession.
- Sound effects added to many projectiles.
Available worldwide on Nintendo Switch and Steam (Windows), Aqua Lungers has been featured in a number of outlets – including Kotaku, Destructoid, TouchArcade, Nintendo Life, Nintendo Everything, and Nintendo Insider.
Read more about Aqua Lungers and WarpedCore Studio here.